What We Did
• We measured important air pollutants across West Oakland: PM2.5, ozone, carbon monoxide, and carbon dioxide
• We generated 5.2 Million Data Points, collected over 3,000 miles July 1st through September 30th
• Working closely with our project partners, West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project (WOEIP) and Rising Sun Center for Opportunity, we conducted dozens of user interviews and surveys with community members to inspire this tool
• We mapped throughout the whole quarter with greater frequency in July
• We will release another quarterly air quality map in early 2020
Learn more about our unique process and the science behind collecting hyper-local air quality data.